​Palais de Justice, Place Poelaert 1  1000 Bruxelles

​Contact the security department: 02/508.60.63

​The registry of the Court is open to the public every day from 8.30 to 12.30 and from 13:30 to 16:00 (1st Royal Decree of August 10, 2001 fixing the days and hours of opening of the clerks of the courts and tribunals).

​The secretariat of the public prosecutor’s department is reachable by phone every working day from 8:30 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:00.

​The hearings start at 9:30 unless otherwise stated.

​If the Court gives its ruling after the registry has closed, the parties or their attorneys can get in touch with the secretariat of the public prosecutor’s department before 17:00 to get information about the content of the ruling.


​I have a question regarding a procedure.

If you have a question relating to a current procedure at the Court of cassation, you can find the list of cases for which a hearing date has been set under the “files” section of this website or you can contact de registry of the court directly (see contact information above) by mentioning if possible the date of the appeal in cassation, the name of the parties, the date and the roll number of the attacked ruling and the jurisdiction which delivered the attacked ruling.

If your question is related to the public prosecutor’s office, you should send your question to the secretariat of the public prosecutor’s office (see contact information above).

​I am looking for a ruling.

You can search through the judiciary’s database juportal. If the ruling is not in the database, you can ask the jurisdiction to forward you a copy of the judgment. However, for protection of privacy reasons, the court may not follow through with your demand.

​I would like a legal advice concerning a procedure before the Court of Cassation.

You can find an attorney near the Court of cassation either via the website of the attorneys near the Court of cassation, either via the website of the Dutch order of the attorneys, or either the website of the French order of the attorneys

​I have a complaint about the operation of the court.

If you have a general complaint about the functioning of courts and public prosecutor's offices, you can file a complaint with the High Council of Justice. For more information on submitting complaints to the Supreme Court of Justice, please visit www.hrj.be.



+32 (0)2 508 67 03 - +32 (0)485 54 33 23